Inspiration Comes From Artists.





I have been interested in art since I was young and have had a love for some artists for a long time and I hope they never leave me.

Here is a list of 5 artists that have always inspired me and why?

Van Gogh
I love Van Gogh. His work was some of the first I remember seeing when I was young. "starry night" and "the sunflowers" were in a books my parents had. I really loved them. During my foundation at UCA, 2012, I went to Amsterdam with the college. The Van Gogh museum was closed at this point but my tutors took us to the Kruller Muller Museum just outside the city and I saw a huge collection of Van Gogh paintings. It was incredibly inspiring and just an amazing experience for me. There was a range from his brightly coloured landscapes to portraits of the poor and charcoal sketches.Then in 2016 my friend took me to New York with her and we went to see "starry night" at the MoMa. Again it was inspirational and beautiful to see these paintings in person.





Monet
Monet is another artist I have loved since I was young. I always loved the colours. I thought they were beautiful. I think it was some of the Water Lily paintings I saw first and found inspirational. Again I've been lucky enough to see them in both Amsterdam and New York and also the Impressionist show in London 2015.



Franz Ackerman
I was introduced to Ackerman during my GCSE's or just before. I had a love of colour and my teachers thought he would inspire me. He did, I liked the bright un-natural bubbles of colour.



Rothko
Rothko's work is beautiful. A real inspiration to my thoughts and ideas throughout university. His colour is fuelled with emotions and I really feel that. I love knowing an artists process, knowing how ideas become art and the process in the middle. Seeing this happen. I'd love to sit in a room and watch him create a piece (I feel like that for all these artists).



Mondrian
Mondrian is an interesting artist to me. I mostly loved reading about him. Stories about how he worked. Never having two canvases the same size and him painting and moving his studio around to resemble his paintings. I think that's what inspired me more.
I do love his work, especially the later pieces depicting New York from above and I feel like I understand those pieces more since being to New York. Seeing a painting in the city it was made really changes your perspective on the painting. It gives you more understanding of the painting and the artists relationship with it.




Thanks, frey frey!

No comments